The Transformation Fellowship is one-of-a-kind opportunities that aims to support Transgender youth to craft their career goals. In partnership with Tata Institute of Social Sciences and Collective Good Foundation, the one-year program supported by Pernod Ricard India Foundation will equip the fellows with the right theoretical acumen through 6 months of immersive classroom trainings and project work. This will be followed be 6 months of hands-on workplace immersion through internships at leading corporates and non-profits.
Fellowship provides the resources, support and professional networks to pursue goals that are not offered in a typical job. Fellows are identified based on their existing skills and competencies and a fellow gets various facilities along with a stipend during a defined period. A job on the other hand is a focused task where an employee must work towards the goals of an organization/company, which involves a basic payment structure.
Transgender Youth between 18-35 years of age who have qualified Intermediate Exams can apply for the Fellowship.
This is a 12-month Fellowship Programme
Click on the Apply Now tab and fill in your basic details. The detailed application form will be sent to your registered email ID based on which you will be shortlisted. The CV needs to be shared along with the application form.
You will receive an email confirmation regarding the selection which will be followed by a call, briefing you about the next steps for the interview round. The interview will be conducted online.
The selection email will guide you to share a digital copy of your PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Cancelled Cheque/Passbook copy and 12th Std Marksheet over email.
- Knowledge and skills on leadership, management systems, communication and organizational practices
- Key aspects of micro enterprise creation like product/service design and operations including quality assurance, logistics, marketing and customer management, technology identification and sourcing, legal aspects, etc
- Participants will also get an opportunity to engage in mentorship at TISS Incubation Centre during the fellowship
The fellowship is divided into two parts –
- Classroom Immersion (6 months): Fellows will be required to travel to Mumbai to attend the residential training.
- Corporate Immersion: (6 months). Fellows will be required to travel to the allotted location of immersion/Internship with the corporate as per the their terms of internship.
Classroom immersion includes lecture sessions and in-depth discussion on topics mentioned below which will be anchored by experienced faculties from Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
- Supply Chain Management
- Marketing & Strategic Management
- Basic Accounting & Costing
- Micro Economics
- Etiquettes and Communication
- Orientation to Indian Society
- Basics of Organisation System and Structure
- Basics of Organization Behaviour
- Entrepreneurship Orientation
- Managing Self
- Venture Planning
- Ethical Behaviour & Citizenship
An offline classroom training will be conducted in Mumbai. If restrictions arise due to COVID-19 spread, the program may be conducted online.
An offline classroom training will be conducted in Mumbai. If restrictions arise due to COVID-19 or other conditions, the program may be conducted online
Residential facility will be arranged during the duration of the training
Mentorship will include structured interaction with experts from TISS and industry experts for building knowledge, skills and defining the future plans.
The teaching faculty will include seasoned experts from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Fellows will be provided career readiness support by experienced professionals after which they will be provided an opportunity to work for 6 months with corporates to gain experience
Yes, fellows will receive Certificate of Completion from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Yes, you shall be entitled to receive a total stipend of Rs. 3,36,000 per fellow for the entire duration of the fellowship.
No, there is no application fee or hidden costs associated with the Fellowship